Stove Installation Services
Once you have purchased your stove from Thaxted Stoves we provide a complete installation and maintenance service.
What is the installation process ?
1 - Visit the showroom
We’d like to invite you to visit our showroom, you can book ahead if you prefer. If you could bring some information with you it would be really useful and help us speed up the process and also give you a much more accurate idea of what options yous have available.
- Room dimensions: these help us guide you regarding the appropriate stove output
- Photos (both inside and outside): these will help us to understand where you want the stove and how we will install it
- Inspirational photos from magazines, friends houses etc: these aid us in understanding the look you want to achieve.
2 - FREE survey
We will visit your property to complete a full installation survey where we will assess
- Feasibility – is the desired location possible/optimal?
- Chimney/flue – if existing then is it adequate? If new what are the requirements necessary?
- Access – to the property itself, to the room and to the roof/chimney.
- Fireplace – requirements for hearth, render, creation of new, removal of existing etc
3 - Quotation
Following our survey we will provide you with a detailed written quotation*.
Once you have returned your acceptance of our quotation and an initial deposit we will be able to confirm your installation date.
*Thaxted Stoves are professional, recommended and accredited – we pride ourselves on providing a high quality and reliable service. We know you may receive cheaper quotations but please consider whether they provide the same detail and assurances.
4 - Installation
On the morning of your installation day, our fitters will arrive with everything they need to get started.
Anything you are able to do to clear the room will be a help, but we will bring plenty of dust sheets and protective flooring to keep things as clean as possible.
Installations tend to take between 2-4 days (a guide will have been given woth your quotation).
5 - After care
We are hand to give and advice and support, from fire lighting to annual servicing and maintenance.
Comprehensive Stove Installation Services
- Fitting your stove into an existing fireplace
- Building bespoke hearths & surrounds
- Hearth installation & repairs
- Building an entire chimney
- New liners to existing chimney
- Liner installation for new stoves
- Plastering & rendering in effected area
- Repointing & mortar work
- Drone surveys
- CCTV & thermal imaging
- Liaising with structural engineers
- Removal of chimney breasts
- Carbon monoxide, fire alarms supplied and fitted
Specialist Stove Installations
- Thatched property installations of wood burning stoves
And don’t forget we also provide all these stove maintenance services;
- Flue installations & repairs
- Chimney repairs
- Chimney inspections
- Bird nest removals cowl installation
For all stove installation enquries please call us
Covering Cambridgeshire | Essex | Hertfordshire | Suffolk